HTTP Enabled Location Delivery (HELD)

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 13:42:07 +0200
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

this draft is already past last call (see
but somehow I have the feeling it hasn't been reviewed properly by the
HTTP community.

For instance,

> 11.1. HTTPS Example Messages
>    The examples in this section show a complete HTTPS message that
>    includes the HELD request or response document.
>    This example shows the most basic request for a LO.  This uses the
>    GET feature described by the HTTP binding.  This example assumes that
>    the LIS service exists at the URL "https://lis.example.com/location".
>          GET heldrefs://lis.example.com:49152/location HTTP/1.1
>          Accept:application/held+xml,
>              application/xml;q=0.8,
>              text/xml;q=0.7
>          Accept-Charset: UTF-8,*

This is either totally wrong, or phrased in a confusing way.

It would be great if somebody with both geopriv and http background
could review this before it's too late...