Re: Why Microsoft's authoritative=true won't work and is a bad idea

Ian Hickson wrote on 07/06/2008 06:19:20 PM:

> > At this point it seems to me that you are simply not interested in that

> > case. Is this correct?
>
> I would love sniffing to go away altogether. I'm so interested in this
> particular use case that HTML5 in fact supports it _despite_ this
> requiring changes from the two biggest browsers. What more can I do?

Perhaps something like this:

Hey Erik!

I read your post, and see that you have posted to the W3C mailing list:

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2008/07/02/ie8-security-part-v-comprehensive-protection.aspx
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Jul/0088.html

I was wondering if you could expand on the use case that motivated this
change, and if you can comment on whether there is any flexibility to
discuss alternatives such as a new response header, to be implemented some
time post IE8 Beta-2.

> --

- Sam Ruby