Re: Why Microsoft's authoritative=true won't work and is a bad idea

Ian Hickson wrote:
> If you would like the document to be processed as plain text, then there
> might not be a good answer for you, sorry. Your use case is incompatible
> with the use case of the many users who want to see feeds sent as
> text/plain handled as feeds. Enough people mislabel their feeds as
> text/plain that in practice documents labeled as text/plain are, in some
> browsers, sniffed for feeds before being treated as plain text.

With the current text in HTML5, there's not only no "good answer" but no
answer at all (except by telling users to configure their UAs to respect
mime types).

Sam's use case could be made compatible by making the response
distinguishable from one sent by a misconfigured server.

At this point it seems to me that you are simply not interested in that
case. Is this correct?

BR, Julian