Re: PROPOSAL: i74: Encoding for non-ASCII headers

Am 28.03.2008 um 15:17 schrieb Jamie Lokier:
> Stefan Eissing wrote:
>> You are correct that the information would still be there. And it is
>> tempting to shoot for UTF-8.
>> And everyone will keep their fingers crossed
>> that they do not encounter an intermediary that makes some "security
>> filtering" on HTTP headers and screws it up.
>
> I'm thinking the same applies to RFC2047, if that becomes actually
> implemented in practice (it currently isn't).
>
> Surely the security issues with RFC2047 decoding among different
> implementations are _much_ more likely than those of binary UTF-8?

I totally agree with you here. We just seem to differ on the question
if it is worthwhile to introduce UTF-8 headers or go back to ASCII
and go the AtomPub "Slug" header way.

//Stefan

--
<green/>bytes GmbH, Hafenweg 16, D-48155 Münster, Germany
Amtsgericht Münster: HRB5782