Re: i74: Encoding for non-ASCII headers

My .02 -

>>  - Content-Location
> >   - Location
> >   - Referer
>
> These are URI references. No non-ASCII characters anyway.

Right -- unless someone can come up with a case where it's important
to be able to differentiate between IRIs and URIs in these. Since
they're protocol elements that eventually boil down to URIs, I don't
see it myself...

>> Am I overlooking anything?
>
> Reason-Phrase, for instance. In general, we need to answer whether
> RFC2047 applies to everything using "comment" or "quoted-string".

My inclination is that they're protocol elements, and not user-
visible, therefore the conservative thing to do is just document
current practice -- i.e., encoding isn't supported. I could see an
argument for explicitly saying that RFC2047 does apply there, but
anything beyond that seems a stretch.

Cheers,