Re: PROPOSAL: i24 Requiring Allow in 405 Responses

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 05:43:21PM +1100, Mark Nottingham wrote:

> The proposal is to:
>
> * In p2 10.1, change "The actual set of allowed methods is defined by
> the origin server at the time of each request."  to  "The actual set
> of allowed methods is defined by the origin server at the time of each
> request, and may not necessarily include all (or any) methods that the
> server would actually allow in a request if presented."  (with normal
> editorial discretion)

Once again that reads "The actual set of allowed methods ... may not ...
include all (or any) methods that the server would actually allow ..."

The actual set _is_ the actual set. - I understood the old sentence, but
I don't understand the proposed change.

> * In p2 10.1, remove "However, the indications given by the Allow
> header field value SHOULD be followed."

Okay.

Robert