Re: i24: Requiring Allow in 405 responses

Exactly. We're not here to re-design Allow or come up with a better
mechanism; just to clarify what it means today.

To reiterate, my proposal:

> "The actual set of allowed methods is defined by the origin server
> at the time of each request."

> "The actual set of allowed methods is defined by the origin server
> at the time of each request, and may not necessarily include all (or
> any) methods that the server would actually allow in a request if
> presented."

Some will argue that that's loosening the requirements of 2616; I
don't think I buy that, because there isn't a RFC2119-level
requirement about the contents of the header.

Thinking about the subsequent discussion, I'm ambivalent about adding
a SHOULD-level requirement on the server side WRT completeness; I
think the text above stands on its own.

Cheers,