RE: PATCH vs multipart/byteranges vs Content-Range

Brian Smith wrote:
> > 3) Should we mention this in the PATCH spec; minimally requiring
> > servers to either reject requests with Content-Range headers
>
> Servers are already required by RFC 2616 to reject any
> request with a Content-Range header unless it knows what to
> do with it.

Actually, this is wishful thinking on my part. HTTPbis should have that
requirement that Content-* cannot be ignored for any method that uses a
request body (especially POST), but RFC 2616 only has the requirement
for PUT. Can a new issue be created for that?

- Brian