Re: PROCESS: Tracking design issues under discussion

From: Frank Ellermann <nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 01:50:59 +0100
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

Mark Nottingham wrote:

> So, I'm going to try doing the following:
[...]
> Feedback as to whether any of these help, as well as additional
> suggestions, welcome.

Fine.  Some related questions:

- Is the Wiki supposed to be a tool for the editors + Chairs, or
  should all here try to get an account or whatever it takes for
  write access ?  [ Better keep it for the editors + Chair ;-) ]

- What's going to happen with the old "outsourced" errata ?  One
  2617 erratum has a major impact on various Internet protocols,
  compare <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.sasl/3007>.

- Julian proposed to split the question of "default Latin-1"
  from issues related to "line break" conventions (over HTTP),
  is the latter already tracked separately ?

- several folks demanded to kill UTF-7 a.s.a.p. at odd places not
  limited to HTTP and "HTML 5".  Can we have a clear decision that
  this should be done generally, once and for all, allowing HTTP
  and "HTML5" to reference a document doing this as they see fit ?

 Frank