Re: i24: Requiring Allow in 405 responses

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 23:08:35 -0800
Cc: "HTTP Working Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>
To: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>

My thinking was that it may be necessary to preserve the MUST on the
presence of the header (in case any software had been written to
depend upon its presence), but to loosen the implied requirement that
the list of headers be complete.

The text I proposed didn't really do that too well either, now that I
look at it...