Re: security impact of dropping charset default

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 17:59:13 +0100, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> What does deprecate mean? If support for UTF-7 can't be removed than
>> deprecating it will hardly matter. (I'm not sure whether support can or
>> can not be removed, but I'd expect there to be content to rely on it.)
>> Roy's suggestion of not sniffing for it seems like better advice to
>> implementors than a notion of it being deprecated.
>
> Understood and agreed -- but where does that advice belong into? HTML5
> or HTTPbis? I would have thought the former...

I agree that it makes the most sense for HTML5 to define how text/html
processing works. Just like CSS 2.1 defines text/css processing (although
I suspect that the RFC is not yet updated).

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>