Re: i28 proposed replacement text

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 19:31:23 +0200
To: Jamie Lokier <jamie@shareable.org>
Cc: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>, Joe Orton <joe@manyfish.co.uk>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, Brian Smith <brian@briansmith.org>, ietf-http-wg@w3.org

tis 2008-06-03 klockan 13:09 +0100 skrev Jamie Lokier:

> Not even for static content.  When the server does provide
> Content-Length, in your own example the proxy->client hop removes
> Content-Length.

I am not aware of anyone besides the non-transparent content encoding
proxies which removes Content-Length.

My example meant to illustrate a response without Content-Length.

> I'm thinking that the solution to these is allowing Content-Length in
> a chunked trailer, and Content-MD5 too.

I don't see what having Content-Length in the trailer buys as it will be
the same as the dechunked length, and if you don't get all of it then
you don't get the trailer. Content-MD5 is fine, and allowed today
without any changes.

Regards
Henrik