Re: 100-continue implementation status question

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 07:41:19 +0200
To: Paul Leach <paulle@windows.microsoft.com>
CC: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

Paul Leach wrote:

> Can people help with the following question:
>
> How widely implemented is 100-continue? And how correctly?

In Java servlet world: the servers do implement it partly.

That is, they understand Expect: 100-continue, and reply with 100
Continue when asked for it.

However, the containers do not let the servlets have a say (inspecting
the request, and potentially saying "417 Expectation Failed"). This is a
restriction that has been known for a long time, and I certainly hope
the Java Servlet EG will address that at some point of time (I haven't
checked recently, so maybe they already did and I missed it).

BR, Julian