Re: Deploying new expectation-extensions

sön 2008-04-06 klockan 13:00 +1200 skrev Adrien de Croy:
> * Intercepting transparent proxies - should they insert a Via?  then
> they aren't transparent any more.  Even changing the request HTTP
> version is dodgy enough in that situation (let alone that the whole
> concept of intercepting transparent proxies is dodgy).

If you don't insert Via then you better be really transparent and not
change the protocol version, and also deal with the complications
involved in that...

> * Reverse proxies?

Just a proxy, but specs give them more freedom for as long as the
solution as a whole is conformant.

But I would say it at least MUST add Via on requests..

> server.  Are there any known implementations of any servers that change
> behaviour based on the path a request takes to them?

Not sure. Haven't seen any but haven't looked for them either.

Regards
Henrik