Re: [google-gears-eng] Re: Deploying new expectation-extensions

lör 2008-04-05 klockan 12:56 +1300 skrev Adrien de Croy:

> just off the top of my head, if you
>
> (a) can't rely on intermediaries to pass on headers they don't
> understand (e.g. which you could use to flag a requirement) - even
> though this is a requirement

This is effectively saying "you can't trust intermediaries".

I would be very surprised if you find a proxy which aims for semantic
transparency and which do not forward unknown headers.

> (b) can't rely on Expects to be processed incorrectly by intermediaries

I would expect any HTTP/1.1 intermediary to process Expect.

> (c) can't rely on intermediaries to pass on methods they don't
> understand (even though the capability to be able to do this is required
> in the spec)

I am not aware of a such requirement in the specs, but common sense says
that a semantically transparent proxy should forward extension-methods.

Regards
Henrik