Re: i93: Repeating Single-value headers

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 15:52:28 +0100
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

tis 2007-12-25 klockan 22:10 +0100 skrev Bjoern Hoehrmann:

> I would like us to formulate some guideline beyond the charter when
> handling of specific errors is considered in scope of this group's
> deliverables (so we would consider adding text pointing out the mis-
> behavior, or making recommendations how to handle it). There are
> some known cases where errors are common in practise and affect e.g.
> efficiency (such as sending malformed If-Modified-Since headers),

How to handle malformed If-Modified-Since is already specified. Such
conditionals is simply ignored.

The fact that this leads to degraded performance to clients sending
malformed If-Modified-Since headers giving them the same functionality
as not using conditionals at all is not something the spec needs to go
into. Should be obvious to anyone who analyses the problem with their
implementation.

Regards
Henrik