i69: Clarify "Requested Variant" [was: New "200 OK" status codes, PATCH & PROPFIND]

<http://tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/69>

Is the text below the solution for i69?

Is it necessary to refer to PROPFIND (Personally, I'd like to avoid
the informative ref if we can)?

What about changing the name? The proposal seems to change the concept
substantially, and it's currently stuck in my head as a thing-on-the-
wire, not a thing-on-the-server. Perhaps "variant resource"?

On 07/08/2007, at 8:52 AM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

>   variant
>      The ultimate target resource of a request after indirections
>      caused by content negotiation (varying by request fields) and
>      method association (e.g., PROPFIND) have been taken into account.
>      Some variant resources may also be identified directly by their
>      own URI, which may be indicated by a Content-Location in the
>      response.

Current text in 2616 for comparison: