Re: i15: How to tell if a client does not support persistent connections

From: Adrien de Croy <adrien@qbik.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 16:48:00 +1300
To: David Morris <dwm@xpasc.com>
CC: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

I would have thought the most common type of non-compliance would be a
client that doesn't support persistent connections, and also doesn't
send Connection: close

This will leave a server in a bad place if it assumes keep-alive.  I
haven't seen a client that supports keep-alive that doesn't actually
always send Connection: keep-alive - i.e explicitly advertise a
capability, rather than rely on a server to infer it.  I think this is
evidence of browser authors taking the safe option.