Re: NEW ISSUE: Transfer-Encoding in 1.0 messages

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 11:20:07 +0100
To: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>
Cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

* Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>Who is sending transfer-encoding in HTTP/1.0 messages? Have never seen
>that, and quite outside specifications.
>
>I have seen transfer-encoding in response to HTTP/1.0 requests however,
>even if that is a MUST NOT..

I do not know any current setup that would cause this, and that browsers
do not agree how to handle this is a good hint that there are none. What
I can easily imagine though is that in ancient times broken servers with
broken proxies would cause this, and that exploits might try to use this
to bypass crude security measures.