NEW ISSUE: Transfer-Encoding in 1.0 messages

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 10:44:45 +0100
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

Hi,

  I could not find in RFC 2616 or the current drafts a discussion how to
handle a Transfer-Encoding header in HTTP/1.0 messages. Implementations
appear to either ignore it (Internet Explorer, Firefox) or process it as
if this was a HTTP/1.1 message (libwww-perl, Opera, Apache 2.2). There
may be other differences if there is also a Content-Length header. This
is a bit of a problem since this might cause some applications (e.g. a
crude intrusion detection system) to see different messages. Can we add
a note or perhaps recommendation on dealing with this situation?

regards,