Re: Semantic meaning of double quotation marks delimiting quoted-string

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 16:52:44 +1100
Cc: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, ietf-http-wg@w3.org
To: Geoffrey Sneddon <foolistbar@googlemail.com>

I think that the right way to do this is find the situations where
comparison functions aren't well-defined, and tighten those up.

ETag doesn't seem like it needs this (while the definition of the
comparison function is a bit informal, there's not much wiggle room
for getting it wrong, as Julian points out). Digest seems like it
might; where else?

Cheers,