Creating a HTTP "protocol feature set"

From: Larry Masinter <LMM@acm.org>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 23:57:30 -0700
To: <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Cc: "'Peter Saint-Andre'" <stpeter@stpeter.im>

When we were preparing to move HTTP to Draft Standard, we put together
a 'feature list' so that we could check off whether there were at least
two independent interoperable implementations of every feature.
See:

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/Forum/Reports/

This experience and others in other working groups led me to
propose an (experimental) process:

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-newtrk-interop-reports

For an extensive feature set document (based on that idea) see:

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-saintandre-xmpp-feature-set

I don't know if the working group wants to take on preparing
a separate document, but when you're reviewing the document
for clarity, it might be useful to review whether the
"feature list" could easily be constructed.

Larry