Creating a HTTP "protocol feature set"

From: Larry Masinter <LMM@acm.org>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 23:57:30 -0700
To: <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Cc: "'Peter Saint-Andre'" <stpeter@stpeter.im>

When we were preparing to move HTTP to Draft Standard, we put together
a 'feature list' so that we could check off whether there were at least
two independent interoperable implementations of every feature.

This experience and others in other working groups led me to
propose an (experimental) process:

For an extensive feature set document (based on that idea) see:

I don't know if the working group wants to take on preparing
a separate document, but when you're reviewing the document
for clarity, it might be useful to review whether the
"feature list" could easily be constructed.