Re: RFC 2616, partitioned

From: Robert Sayre <rsayre@mozilla.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 19:09:40 +0000
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

> a) Is a partitioned specification desirable?
> b) If so, is this the right partitioning?

Overall, I feel the partitioned documents are much clearer than the
monolithic documents we've reviewed, and I suspect new implementors will
find them more approachable.

The only downside I see to this partitioning is that the header
definitions are split up. I found that listing in 2616 pretty
convenient, but I suppose documents like the header registry are a
better reference these days.

- Rob