Re: RFC 2616, partitioned

Mark Nottingham wrote:

> Without having more than skimmed it, I like the feel so far.

Modularization obviously can have advantages, such as better future
maintainability. On the other hand it can make people nervous because
things aren't where they used to be.

> Is there any way to get some sort of diff from 2616 to the current text?
> Having that was critical for Julian's draft IMO.
>
> Cheers,

That is probably hard to do, as the various parts do not always have
continuous counterparts in RFC2616...

That being said -- it may be worthwhile trying to make the process of
generating the modularized spec automatic. This will require assigning a
part# to every piece of the original text, plus maybe some conditional
stuff.

That would allow us to focus on the monolithic version for now, while
having the option to produce a modularized version later.

Best regards, Julian