Re: NEW ISSUE: NO default charset

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 19:27:54 +0200
To: Martin Duerst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
CC: ietf-http-wg@w3.org, Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>, Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>

Martin Duerst wrote:
> As for issue #20, it's definitely very related, but the commenter
> (Mark) is most concerned about interaction with other specs, whereas
> my main point is interaction with reality. I'll leave it to the editing
> team to decide whether they want to handle this as one or two issues,
> but if you handle it as one issue, please add my comment text
> (not necessarily the point about the US-ASCII default for text/...xml)
> to the issue description.
>
> Regards,    Martin.

OK,

I have added your comment in
<http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/1.1/rfc2616bis/draft-lafon-rfc2616bis-latest.html>,
but did not add another issue.

Related to this, is anybody aware of any progress in revising RFC3023? I
thought there was consensus years ago that the text/*+xml defaulting
needs to be revised...

Best regards, Julian