Re: new issue: remove redundant MUST obey xrefs

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 13:25:09 +0200
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> Those are just two examples of what can only be described as a
> spaghetti style of content-free cross-references within the spec
> that make it very hard to read.  They should be removed in general
> at the editors' discretion.
>
> ....Roy

Totally agreed. I would even call them harmful, not only because they
take up valuable space, but also because an attentive reader might
wonder why the same statements aren't made for other methods as well.

That being said, there are people who seem to like repeating stuff all
over the place, so it seems to be a good thing nevertheless to link
these kinds of changes to an issue entry that explains the reason behind
that change.

(<http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/1.1/rfc2616bis/draft-lafon-rfc2616bis-latest.html#rfc.issue.duplicated-text-wrt-msg-xmission-reqs>
in the latest edit)

Best regards, Julian