Re: revised I-D draft-decroy-http-progress-01

From: Adrien de Croy <adrien@qbik.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 23:15:18 +1200
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
CC: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

Julian Reschke wrote:

> Adrien de Croy wrote:
>>
>> greatly simplified, and deals now purely with progress notifications.
>
> Adrien,
>
> I think you'll need an I18N section.
OK.  I presume there is some standard for defining internationalised
strings?  like UTF-8 or something similar to what is used in certain
email headers.

> Also, they way you define the headers in terms of RFC4234, parsing
> will be different from headers defined in RFC2616 (wrt to LWS...) Is
> this intended?
probably not.  I'd intended only a single WS (designated by the "SP")
but I'm not up to date with RFC4234.  I understand the parsing of HTTP
was modified with 1.1 to allow pretty much any amount of contiguous WS
to be treated as SP?

thanks

Adrien