Re: New issue: Need for an HTTP request method registry

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 01:47:50 +0200
To: Adrien de Croy <adrien@qbik.com>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On tis, 2007-08-07 at 10:56 +1200, Adrien de Croy wrote:

> that was my point regarding TCP.  Imagine if TCP had been written with
> TCP flag extensibility built in.

Oh, well, it was and is.. the "Reserved" flags was for future extension,
and it's also relatively trivial to extend TCP with new TCP options.

That's how we got Window scaling, SACK, Timestamping (Round-trip
measurements and PAWS), ECN, and a bunch of other less known TCP
extensions.

But unlike HTTP TCP extensions is more strictly controlled with more
people keeping a close eye on what is being done.

Regards
Henrik