Re: Resend: HTTP Performance extension for NAV(network-based anti-virus) systems

On tis, 2007-08-07 at 09:27 +1200, Adrien de Croy wrote:

> The underlying issue IMO is that of the human user knowing what's
> going
> on.  If you have some sort of progress notification, that allows the
> progress bar on the bottom of the browser window to show movement,
> and
> the status area to show activity, then users won't hang up waiting.
> Download managers could show this information as well.

Indeed.

I like the 1xx Progress extension. It's a natural use of 1xx type of
messages.

But imho it should also be obvious to all client implementators that
processing a partial response as if it was a complete and valid response
should generally not be done.

Regards
Henrik