RE: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-dusseault-http-patch-08.txt]

I just lived through the issue of returning 'GET Equivalent' content on a method response in Web3S. In the originally released Web3S spec we stated that PUT/POST/UPDATE had to return what this list is discussing as the GET Equivalent content body on the response. But once the OPS folks got a look at that and explained what the bandwidth bills would look like if we did that things got flipped around. Now, by default, we will return 204s on successful responses and define a new header that clients can submit saying "BTW, I'd really like the GET equivalent response."