Re: NEW ISSUE: Content-Location vs PUT/POST

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 21:04:46 +0200
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On tis, 2007-07-31 at 20:48 +0200, Julian Reschke wrote:

> Can you define "mismatch" here? When a client says "here's another
> Content location for the entity I'm sending", how can the server dtect a
> mismatch? (well, except for fetching the entity and comparing?)

For a server doing raw PUT:

If Content-Location differs from the Request-URI, or different from the
intended store location when the Request-URI is a negotiated resource.

For a server processing the PUT entity and not storing the

If the entity can not be processed in such manner that any references in
it makes sense at it's stored location, compared to the