Re: Suggestion for NEW Issue: Pipelining problems

From: Travis Snoozy <ai2097@users.sourceforge.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 07:22:15 -0700
To: "Yngve N. Pettersen (Developer Opera Software ASA)" <yngve@opera.com>
Cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 13:04:14 +0200, "Yngve N. Pettersen (Developer
Opera Software ASA)" <yngve@opera.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I thought I should mention this particular issue I am seeing.
>
> There are a number of servers that does not handle pipelining at all
> well.
<snip>

... and?

More important than pointing out a bunch of bad implementations is
to point out what's wrong with the RFC that led to the bad
implementations. However, pipelining is pretty cut-and-dried -- I don't
know that the RFC can make it much clearer than it already is. If you
see ambiguities in the RFC that lead to these differing server
behaviors, though, please do identify them.

--
Travis