HTTP Request Forwarding?

From: Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 00:16:20 -0500
To: <www-talk@w3.org>, <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

Hi all:

I notice renewed activity on the HTTP spec and thought I would ask about
what I would call "HTTP Request Forwarding."  As far as I know HTTP doesn't
support (but I sure would be glad to found out I misread the specs, if I
did!).  I wrote a blog post describing it and giving a use-case at [1].

Basically, what I'm asking is:

1.) Did I misread the spec, and HTTP Request Forwarding actually is
offered?, and

2.) If Request Forwarding is not currently part of the HTTP spec are there
any potential security issues that would make adding it impossible?, and

3.) Is it possible to discuss including Request Forwarding init the HTTP
spec?

BTW, I posted to both www-talk@w3.org and ietf-http-wg@w3.org because I
didn't know where was appropriate; if someone can direct me to the list that
is most appropriate of the two I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

--
-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/