Re: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-decroy-http-progress-00.txt]

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> ons 2007-02-14 klockan 16:09 +1300 skrev Adrien de Croy:
>
> Thats the thing. It's complete. Chunked encoding works that way.

the content body wasn't complete though - but anyway, I think you hit
the nail on the head with your comment below
about any HTTP/1.1 proxy in the path.

Such a proxy will still expect that after headers indicating request
body, there will be request body.  therein lies the problem

We may have to leave proper (end to end) flow control for HTTP/2.0 then

Unless we ban it if there's a via header, but many proxies do not insert
these for security reasons.

darn, it coulda been so good!  Would have worked well in the case where
the proxy supporting it was the next hop
for a client that supported it.

So if we go back to chunking then, so that any intermediaries can be
satisified as to request being completed, then
we could still possibly do something about the issue of
connection-oriented auth?  Shame about losing the Content-length tag is all.

Ditching NTLM isn't an option for me, as many of my customers insist on
MS Active Directory integration.

>> Anyone know of a decent I-D formatting client?
>>

> http://tools.ietf.org/inventory/author-tools

thanks I looked at this before - i'll take another look.

regards

Adrien