FYI: HTTP intermediary conformance

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 11:03:37 +1000
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

A while back, I did some testing of HTTP intermediary conformance
using the Measurement Factory's excellent Co-Advisor tool <http://
coad.measurement-factory.com/>, with one purpose being to figure out
what the least common denominator for HTTP conformance on the open
Internet is.

I've made a writeup available at <http://www.mnot.net/blog/2007/06/20/
proxy_caching>. For a variety of legal reasons, I can't publish the
full results, so this is of very limited value. However, it might be
useful to mine for issues -- especially if we're going to talk about
deprecating features.

Cheers,