Re: [RFC] HTTP Information Request

On Friday 22 June 2007 00:37, David Morris wrote:
> There has been a concern in the past that too many benign details about a
> user could be come a unique signature identifing individuals when they
> don't expect to be identified. I worry much more about abuse of seemingly
> benign data than overt identifiers.

Consider this:

  You visit an on-line shop. You make your order and its time to fill your
address etc. A popup informs you that the site requests your name, address,
telephone, etc. You select that you want to sent your name and address but
not your telephone. Since all or part of the information submission must be
approved by the user, it cannot be abused. After all, logging in with a
username/password provides a far more easier to implement user tracking
oportunity.