Re: NEW ISSUE: example for matching functions, was: Weak and strong ETags

tis 2007-05-29 klockan 14:51 +0200 skrev Julian Reschke:

> ...as "tagging as weak" is only defined for ETags. It seems to me that
> what we need to clarify is how to extract the validator from a given
> etag. Looking at
> <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc2616.html#rfc.section.3.11>:

The language "tagging as weak" is only defined for ETag, but it's for
the compare function equally valid for Last-Modified. But on the other
hand it's mostly the clients responsibility to judge if a Last-Modified
is weak or not.

Regards
Henrik