Re: HTTP 'HASH' Method

trailer headers in chunks leads to a number of implementation
difficulties especially for proxies.

It seems there are a few features in HTTP that primarily consider agents
and servers, but not proxies, or specifically administrative
requirements for proxies.

It makes it very difficult to make decisions based on header values,
when the header itself may arrive a long time after the main headers of
a response in some chunk down the line.

And it added a lot of complexity to header processing.

the options available to an administrator don't lend themselves to good
user experiences.

For instance a proxy administrator wishing to strictly enforce actions
based on response header values has a big problem with trailers.
Stripping any TE header in requests, or blocking responses from servers
that indicate there will be trailers are about the only decent options.

The overall structure of a message seems to have been muddied with the
addition of trailers - from a clear delineation between headers and
resource, separated by 2 CRLF, we now no longer enjoy this clarity.
Processing of "content" now has to be able to encounter and deal with
new "headers".  This affects all resource processing, e.g caching,
scanning etc.

It would be nice if the concept could be deprecated or re-thought before
someone goes ahead and implements it, but I'm dreaming there I guess.