Prague meeting report

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 21:56:42 +1000
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

Apologies for the extended delay in getting these out.

We met in Prague from about 10am till around 5:30pm, with the
following people present;

Mark Nottingham
Julian Reschke
Yves Lafon
Henrik Nordström
Yngve Pettersen
Bernard Desruisseaux
Alex Melnikov

Discussion focused mainly around the issues list <http://www.w3.org/
Protocols/HTTP/1.1/rfc2616bis/issues/>; a list of action items
resulting from it can be found at <http://www.w3.org/2007/03/18-
rfc2616-minutes.html>.

There was also discussion about the MTI requirements, both on Sunday
during the meeting, at the reception afterwards, and in the APPAREA
meeting on Monday (I gave a short presentation about what we've been
doing). One possible solution that came up was to document the
security properties of existing HTTP mechanisms (e.g., Basic Auth,
Digest Auth, SSL/TLS, Cookies) to allow users of the protocol to make
more informed decisions. This seemed to have broad support when
discussed.

We also covered the proposed charter briefly; discusssion was very
similar to that on-list, and I have an action to update the proposal
based upon comments.

Many thanks to Ted Hardy for finding a room for us.