Re: ERR header (NEW ISSUE: Drop Content-Location)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 00:42:04 +0100
To: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
lör 2006-12-02 klockan 10:29 -0800 skrev Henry Story:

> Ok. So perhaps it is not a good idea to place this into generalised
> clients, since they may be out of date. If one did the feature should
> never be automated (it should require human intervention)

If that's the case, what's wrong with using email to webmaster@...?

If webmaster is ignored even from trusted sources, why do you think
authors will care about an ERR method? Or why would this be the solution
to webmaster@... being ignored?

Other efforts is working on the question of trustworthy email.

I think I have now completely lost the picture on when/why adding an ERR
method may be useful to the level that it outweights the negative
aspects or cost of deployment.

Regards
Henrik