Re: NEW ISSUE: Drop Content-Location

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 00:29:40 +0100
To: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
ons 2006-11-29 klockan 14:18 -0800 skrev Henry Story:

> Could that be solved my creating a ERR method, so that clients could
> send feedback to servers at the resource they found wanting?
>
> ------------------
> ERR /page0 HTTP...
>
> Your Content-Location is broken see spec xyz

Interesting idea, but getting this deployed is probably about as hard as
getting the Content-Location headers fixed..

also does not solve the problem as browsers won't enable the feature
(Content-Location) until it works reasonably well so they won't notice
the error to report, and site owners won't correct the error until there
is sufficient deployment of browsers making their site fail.. (or at
least sufficient complaints that their server is broken).

Regards
Henrik