Re: NEW ISSUE: Drop Content-Location

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 23:12:38 +0100
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
ons 2006-11-29 klockan 22:52 +0100 skrev Anne van Kesteren:

> I've no idea why you're bringing this up. This has nothing to do with the
> issue I raised.

Sorry, I didn't notice your email before responding. Got a bit irritated
reading the Mozilla bug report you referenced bragging about also
snarfing the header from meta http-equiv when specs clearly says they
MUST NOT. I have not looked into how your client behaves in this
respect.

Well. the important part of my response is the other paragraphs.
Content-Location can not be dropped from HTTP without making a major
mess of the rules on cache invalidations on negotiated content or
derived URLs.

Regards
Henrik