Re: ETags vs Variants, was: Revising RFC2616 - what's happening

From: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@osafoundation.org>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 14:54:37 -0800
Cc: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "Henrik Nordstrom" <hno@squid-cache.org>, "Jamie Lokier" <jamie@shareable.org>, "HTTP Working Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
To: Robert Sayre <sayrer@gmail.com>

I wouldn't want to deprecate a feature that was useful (although the
fact that it is used isn't necessarily proof it's useful if it's only
servers that use it).  I appreciate discussion on whether it's too
useful to deprecate.

Does anybody have counter-examples of clients handling Vary properly
and sites benefiting from that?

thanks,
Lisa