Re: Revising RFC2616 - what's happening

From: Robert Sayre <sayrer@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:42:28 -0400
To: "Mark Nottingham" <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: "HTTP Working Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

On 10/18/06, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:

> I've also seen a fair amount of private interest in working along
> these lines; not only from people using HTTP for machine-to-machine
> communication (e.g., Atom, AJAX) but also from traditional browser
> and server vendors.

I feel that a bug-fix edition of RFC 2616 would be a worthwhile
exercise. I have seen many implementors waste time on mistakes that
are covered in the errata, which are probably a subset of the issues.

I continue to be concerned by IETF management's attitude towards
security requirements.

--

Robert Sayre