From: Internet-Drafts@ietf.org
To: i-d-announce@ietf.org
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pettersen-cookie-v2-00.txt
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:50:02 +0200

directories.

	Title		: HTTP State Management Mechanism v2
	Author(s)	: Y. Pettersen
	Filename	: draft-pettersen-cookie-v2-00.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 2006-10-18

    This document specifies a way to create a stateful session with
    Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) requests and responses.  It
    describes three headers, Cookie, Cookie2, and Set-Cookie2, which
    carry state information between participating origin servers and user
    agents.  The method described here differs from both Netscape's
    Cookie proposal [Netscape], and [RFC2965], but it can, provided some
    requirements are met, interoperate with HTTP/1.1 user agents that use

    Netscape's method.  (See the HISTORICAL section.)

    This document defines new rules for how cookies can be shared between
    servers within a domain.  These new rules are intended to address
    security and privacy concerns that are difficult to counter for
    clients implementing Netscape's proposed rules or the rules specified
    by RFC 2965.

    This document reflects implementation experience with RFC 2965 and
    obsoletes it.

--
Sincerely,
Yngve N. Pettersen

Senior Developer                     Email: yngve@opera.com
Opera Software ASA                   http://www.opera.com/
Phone:  +47 24 16 42 60              Fax:    +47 24 16 40 01