Re: I-D ACTION:draft-whitehead-http-etag-00.txt

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 16:07:40 +0100
To: jg@freedesktop.org
CC: Larry Masinter <LMM@acm.org>, 'HTTP Working Group' <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

Jim Gettys wrote:
> It would also be good to get it converted from .doc form to XML; when I
> looked last, the tools were not up to the job without a lot of hand work
> that I didn't have time for then.

An example version of RFC2616 has been available for several years now
(<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/#rfc2616>), and I would think that
probably would be a good starting point if the modest goal is to apply
the collected errata, and to update references.

If what's needed here is mainly a document *editor*, and there is indeed
  consensus over here that we want that revision, then consider me a
volunteer.

Best regards, Julian