HTTP rfc related question, Content-length: 0 in GET request

From: Kuba Witczak <czesacz@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 14:17:24 +0000
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right group to ask this question. If you
know a better place please give me such advice.

The problem relates to HTTP protocol specification. I studied the RFC
2616 which describes HTTP/1.1, but AFAIC the situation is not described
directly there.

The problem is that a system, which relies on HTTP protocol, refuses to
accept GET requests with header 'Content-length: 0'. This header added
to request doesn't bring any information, and should be ignored by a
system which relies on HTTP protocol, am i correct?

The sample request which causes error:

GET /somepath/gfx.png HTTP/1.1
...som other headers

Perhaps you've faced similar problem previously and have some
experiences.
Is there any general rule in HTTP/1.1 protocol which allows or forbids

I've really tried to find it on my own in RFC 2616, but I might missed
some valuable information.
Please share your opinions.

Thanks in advance,
Kuba