RE: http-parameters registry vs RFC 2616

From: IANA <iana@iana.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:00:07 +0000
To: "'William A. Rowe, Jr.'" <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>, "'Larry Masinter'" <LMM@acm.org>
Cc: <hardie@qualcomm.com>, "'Scott Hollenbeck'" <sah@428cobrajet.net>, <bjoern@hoehrmann.de>, <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, "'Bjoern Hoehrmann'" <derhoermi@gmx.net>

Thank you for the quick feedback.

I have updated the registry.  Please see:

I now have some more questions...

Should the descriptions be the same in the Transfer-Coding Values as they
are in the Content-Coding Values?

Any idea what the description should be for the chunked value?

Shouldn't the references for all of these values be RFC2616?

In RFC 2616 it says the following:
   New content-coding value tokens SHOULD be registered; to allow
   interoperability between clients and servers, specifications of the
   content coding algorithms needed to implement a new value SHOULD be
   publicly available and adequate for independent implementation, and
   conform to the purpose of content coding defined in this section.

   New transfer-coding value tokens SHOULD be registered in the same way
   as new content-coding value tokens (section 3.5).

Yet at the following http://www.iana.org/numbers.html it says:

Content-Coding Values   RFC2616   IANA Assignment
Transfer-Coding Values  RFC2616   FCFS (section 3.6)

Should both of these be "Specification Required"?

Thanks in advance.  After we are done here this registry will be nicely

Michelle Cotton