Re: Comments on draft-dusseault-http-patch-06

From: Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 02:03:52 -0600
To: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@osafoundation.org>
CC: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>, HTTP working group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

Lisa Dusseault wrote:

> I have also looked into a standard XML diff format, and talked to
> Adrian Mouat about standardizing his format.
>  - code: http://treepatch.sourceforge.net/  or
> http://diffxml.sourceforge.net/
>  - dissertation/specification:
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/diffxml/dissertation.ps?download
>
> I would think diff formats would generally be better off defined in
> separate documents so that they can be reused, HTTP and PATCH are by
> no means the only applications that could use a standard diff format.

I don't know if this work is still being pursued, but I would like to
draw attention to draft-urpalainen-simple-xcap-patch-ops-00.txt. This
document will be discussed at the IETF meeting in the SIMPLE working
group next week (Tuesday in the morning session); I also expect that
discussion on the IETF SIMPLE mailing list would be welcome.

/a