Re: Section 4.4. calculate transfer-length:

From: Joe Orton <joe@manyfish.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 11:24:15 +0000
To: Arthur Goldberg <artg@cs.nyu.edu>
Cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 02:07:14PM +0000, Arthur Goldberg wrote:
> In this case, the phrase “unless the message is terminated by closing
> the connection” is unnecessary. What am I missing?

I was wondering the same thing the other day.  The only thing I could
imagine is that it's to allow a new transfer-coding to be defined in the
future which uses EOF as the message-length delimiter, or something like
that.

Section 3.6 uses the same phrase; it is a little confusing.  In 4.4 you
could almost read it to mean that presence of "Connection: close" would
mean that a T-E header should be ignored, which is presumably not the
intent (and certainly not the practice).

joe